- Dysport and Botox are both types of botulinum toxin injections.
- While used to treat muscle spasms in certain health conditions, these two injections are primarily known for the treatment and prevention of wrinkles.
- The differences lie in the potency of trace proteins, which can make one more effective than the other.
- Overall, both Dysport and Botox are considered safe for qualifying candidates. Common but temporary side effects can include slight pain, numbness, and headaches.
- More moderate side effects include droopy eyelids, sore throat, and muscle spasms.
- Although rare, Dysport and Botox can cause botulinum toxicity. Signs of this serious side effect include breathing, speaking, and swallowing difficulties. Botox also carries the risk of paralysis, though this is extremely rare.
- Dysport and Botox treatments are extremely convenient. No hospitalization is required, and all work is done at your doctorÃ¢Â€Â™s office.
- You can leave immediately after treatment and even go back to work if you feel like it.
- The average cost of neurotoxin injections such as Dysport and Botox can be $400-$600 per session. However, the number of required injections and the area of treatment dictates the exact cost. We discuss costs in detail below.
- Insurance doesnÃ¢Â€Â™t cover the cost of these types of cosmetic injections.
- Both Dysport and Botox are considered safe and effective for theÃ‚Â temporaryÃ‚Â treatment of moderate to severe wrinkles.
- The effects of Dysport may show up sooner, but Botox may last longer.
- Follow-up injections are necessary to maintain the results you want.
Dysport , Botox
Both Dysport and Botox are types of neurotoxins that block muscle contractions. While both injections are sometimes used to treat spasms from neurological disorders and other medical conditions, theyÃ¢Â€Â™re more widely used as facial wrinkle treatments. TheyÃ¢Â€Â™re both derived from botulinum toxins, which are safe in small amounts.
Both Dysport and Botox are considered nonsurgical forms of wrinkle treatment that have quick recovery rates. Still, these two treatments have their differences, and there are some safety precautions to consider. Keep reading to learn more about the similarities and differences between the two injections, and talk to your doctor about the best wrinkle treatment for you.
Find out more about using botulinum toxin for medical conditions such asÃ‚Â migraines,Ã‚Â depression,Ã‚Â overactive bladder, andÃ‚Â temporomandibular joint disorders.
How long does each procedure take?
Another reason why people choose Dysport or Botox injections is that the procedures take little time. In fact, each procedure itself takes just a few minutes. It can take more time to apply the anesthetic and allow it to dry compared to the injections themselves.
Unless you develop any immediate side effects, youÃ¢Â€Â™re usually free to go home right after the procedureÃ¢Â€Â™s done.
Dysport injections take just a few minutes to complete. You should start seeing effects from the injections within a couple of days. Recommended dosage from the FDA for the treatment of glabellar lines is up to 50 units divided into five portions injected into the targeted area.
Like Dysport injections, Botox injections only takes a few minutes for your doctor to administer.
Unlike traditional surgical procedures, you will see the results from these cosmetic injections within a few days of treatment. Neither Dysport nor Botox require recovery time Ã¢Â€Â” you can go home right after your doctor is done with the procedure.
Welcome to Zaytuna Medical Spa, where taking care of your skin is our only priority. Located in the prestigious intersection of peel, Vaughan, Toronto, and Peel regions. we offer high-end skin treatments in a clean and cozy atmosphere. We take pride in creating highly customized treatments that are as unique as you. Our services include Medical-grade Facials, Photo Facial, Laser Hair Removal, Botox, Fillers, PRP, Hair Restoration Therapies, Microneedling, and Chemical Peel. Our professional, friendly team is ready to assist you with the most luxurious treatments in skincare.
As a highly experienced Physician at Zaytune Medical Spa, Dr.Sabha Cheema believes that healthy, glowing skin begins with exceptional care. Her experience proves that anyone can achieve healthy skin through proper advice, care, and customized treatments for your skin.